Corporate Social Responsibility
transcosmos engea contributes to the co-existence and co-prosperity of its members, the society, and itself by fulfilling social responsibilities and resolving social issues.
transcosmos engea holds the Bazaar of Love and Sharing with all executives and staff members in order to practice the spirit of service and sharing and supports the emergency relief for the neglected and the underdeveloped countries with the profits made through the bazaar and donations.
- Bazaar of Love and Sharing
- Each center holds a bazaar as a year-end event to raise funds with the profit made from the bazaar and the donations collected through voluntary participation.
This event has been continuously held through active participations of employees, and it grew into a heart-warming event for all executives and staff members remind themselves of the meaning of sharing and share love.
- Providing drinking water to Undeveloped country
- transcosmos engea provided the funds to Plan engea for Cambodian people who had to go a long way to draw water or suffer from stomachache due to contaminated water to support the drinking water project involved with the development of a well.
- Saving Victims of domestic/sexual violence and Children
- transcosmos Korea is providing the operating cost to Women’s Emergency Call 1366 Seoul Center for the emergency relief of the victims of domestic/sexual violence and the children.
- Supporting North Korean Defector and Low-income young man
- transcosmos Korea is providing the scholarship cooperating with Young Professionals Institute of Korea for lower-income young man and North Korean defector who need social adaption and support
transcosmos Korea is fulfilling social responsibilities through a variety of activities such as the support for the computer skills training through the community technical training center, the support for the training and employment of young North Korean defectors, and the campaign for the eradication and prevention of sexual and domestic violence in order to resolve local community issues and promote the growth and development of local economy.
- Operating Community Technical Training Center
- transcosmos Korea is taking the initiatives in spreading digital technology in the local community by establishing community technical training center and teaching computer skills that can be actually used in the field in order to promote the growth and development of local economy. The community technical training center trained the employees and volunteers of Women’s Emergency Call 1366 Seoul Center twice in 2011.
- Computer Skills Training for Young North Korean Defectors and Alternative School Students
- By cooperating with Young Professionals Institute of Korea, transcosmos Korea is training young North Korean defectors and alternative school students to learn presentation skills and computer utilization skills that they can actually apply. This training was provided twice, in September and November 2012, and transcosmos Korea will continue to support the training.
- Sexual Violence and Domestic Violence Eradication and Prevention Campaign
- transcosmos Korea participated in the Sexual Violence and Domestic Violence Eradication and Prevention Campaign organized by the Ministry of Gender Equality & Family and Seocho-Gu Solidarity for the Safe Zone for Children and Women and hosted by Women’s Emergency Call 1366 Seoul Center as a joint public relations corporation in order to contribute to the betterment of the local community by taking the lead in eradicating and preventing sexual and domestic violence that are becoming serious social issues.
transcosmos Korea uses its talent and technology not only for its business but also for the society through the activities of sharing talent in the form of donation where it is needed and also developing a new culture of sharing of transcosmos Korea.
- Business Manner & Voice Training
- transcosmos Korea is providing training for young North Korean defectors on basic social skills to help them lead their social life smoothly with confident voice and correct pronunciation and the knowledge of basic manners when they are making their first step into the new society.
This training was first given in December 2011 to North Korean defectors who are college students and in July 2012 to young North Korean defectors who were newly employed, and in November 2012 to young North Korean defectors of Heavenly Dream School.
- MOU for the Training of Professional Contact Center Counselors and Employment Support
- transcosmos Korea signed the ‘MOU for the Training of Professional Contact Center Counselors and Employment Support’ with Young Professionals Institute of Korea and has been supporting the social adaptation and employment of young North Korean defectors in South Korea.
transcosmos Korea is preparing them for employment and providing them with the chance to plan their career through professional training and also cultivating them into excellent human resources, giving the chance to apply for a permanent position at the contact center.
Employment of the disabled
transcosmos Korea takes the lead in creating jobs for the disabled as a company carrying out advanced employment by actively participating in the government's employment promotion policy for the disabled.
- Employment Support Agreement with Hosanna College, Vocational Institute for developmentally disabled
- transcosmos Korea employs a large number of Hosanna College graduates since 2010. Through the Employment Support Agreement, we cultivate developmentally disabled manpower capable of carrying out various tasks in the corporate field as well as actively seeking employments for the college students.